Author

  • Admin_Chambra

Share

Villerouge-Térmenes

In Villerouge-Térmenes there is still a castle which was strategically important for the crusade. It was built after the XII century by the archbishops of Narbonne and is a remarkable example of medieval military architecture: the four-tower structure dates back to the XIII century. It was occupied by Simon de Monfort and his vassals during the crusade. More than one century afterwards, Guilhem Bélibaste, the last ‘Catharist Perfect of the faith’ known in history, was burnt alive in the castle in 1321.

Map

Nearby...loading