Author

  • Admin_Chambra

Share

Crestet

Crestet is a very ancient village, founded by the Saracens around the VII or VIII century. The castle on the ridge peak belongs to a later epoch (XII century) and it was used until the French revolution, when it was demolished. It had been partly rebuilt and it now is a private property, as almost all the houses of the village which were acquired by wealthy city dwellers since the Thirties who have transformed humble derelict rural homes into fine residences, embellished by terraced gardens. The town still preserves the beautiful Church of Saint-Sauveur (XI century) and hosts the Stahly Foundation, in the home of the French sculptor François Stahly (1911-2006).

Map

Nearby...loading